Data Privacy Statement
of Eckes-Granini Group GmbH
Date: March 30, 2021
Eckes-Granini Group GmbH (hereafter referred to as ”Eckes-Granini”) operates the website which can be accessed under the domain “www.granini.com” (hereafter referred to as the “website”). In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when you use this website. Personal data is all data which can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
Your data will be collected, processed and used in accordance with data protection law, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as described in more detail below:
1. Collection of personal data for informational use
(1) If you use the website purely for information purposes, i.e. if you do not log on to, register, or provide us with any other information to use the website, we do not collect any personal data, apart from data which your browser sends to enable you to visit the website. This is:
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transmitted
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition, when you use the website, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive, are allocated to the browser used by you and through which certain information is sent to the body which places the cookie (in this case us). A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which the cookie originates, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, normally a unique randomly generated number. Cookies cannot execute any programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website on the whole more user friendly and more effective.
– Transient cookies (temporary use)
– Persistent cookies (use for a limited time)
– Third-party cookies (from third-party providers)
– Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. As a result, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse the acceptance of third-party or all cookies. Information on the management and deletion of cookies as well as corresponding instructions for common browsers are also available at https://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/cookies-guide/. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website
e) Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plugin. These cookies store the necessary data regardless of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on.
(3) This information is stored separately from any data that may further be stored by us. In particular, the cookie data is not linked to your other data that may be transmitted.
2. Collection of personal data for personalised use
(1) In addition to the use of our website purely for information purposes, we also offer a range of services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide additional personal data which we use to provide the respective service. When you have the option of providing additional voluntary information, this is identified accordingly. Only the personal data which is necessary for your use of the website and/or the performance of a contract concluded with us or which you provide yourself is collected, processed and used by us. This concerns in particular master data and user data which may possibly be transmitted via forms on our website:
- Name (consisting of salutation, title, first name, surname and gender)
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- User's registration and login data
- User’s bank details
- VAT identification number (optional)
(2) Inventory data and user data are used by us as necessary in order to establish, provide the content of, amend or terminate a contractual relationship with you, in order to meet our contractual obligations, for login by the user on the website, and in order to contact you if you wish or if this is necessary within the scope of the contractual relationship or permitted by law.
(3) The data processed in the context of consumer complaints serve to contact and process customer inquiries, suggestions, complaints and quality assurance, including the analysis and evaluation of potential product or packaging defects, as well as to identify changing consumer needs. The legal basis in this respect is our legitimate interest, Art. 6 I S. 1 lit. f) GDPR. The scope of data processing includes the information submitted in the contact form. The personal data processed in this context will be deleted no later than 6 months after the inquiry or the complaint process has been completed, provided that no legal retention obligations prevent deletion.
The personal data will, with the exception of the data collected by the third-party providers stated below, be stored and processed within the European Union.
3. Erasure dates
Unless otherwise is stated in this Data Privacy Statement, we store your data only as long as we need it, e.g. to process a request you have sent to us. Your personal data will therefore be deleted after your request has been processed unless otherwise has been agreed.
Inventory data is deleted two years after the termination of the contractual relationship at the end of the calendar year, unless it needs to be stored for a longer period and this is permitted by law.
4. Anonymous statistical analysis of the user data
We have the right to create user profiles using a pseudonym for purposes of advertising, market research or to design the website to meet the needs of users, unless you object. In particular, we analyse the user data anonymously for statistical purposes in order to design the website to meet the needs of users. You can object to the use of your personal data by sending us a corresponding notification. (See No. 10 for contact details)
5. Services of third parties
Integration of the services of third parties
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our website; these are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in “enhanced data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data stated in Para. 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission. We have also integrated content from the following third-party providers on this website: Google Maps.
(2) When you visit the website, the third-party provider will be informed that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. The data stated under 1.(1) of this policy is transmitted. This happens regardless of whether this third-party provider has provided you with a user account which you are logged into, or if there is no user account. If you are logged in with the plugin provider, this data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want the data to be assigned to your profile with the third-party provider, you have to log out before activating the button.
(3) The third-party provider stores this data as usage profiles and uses this for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to design the website to meet the needs of users. Such an analysis is done in particular (including for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you have to contact the respective third-party provider in order to exercise this right.
(4) Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection of data and its processing by the third-party providers can be found in the data privacy policies of these third-party providers listed below. These will also provide you with further information on your rights in this respect and settings options to protect your privacy.
(5) Addresses of the respective providers and URL with their data privacy policies:
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
In the course of processing personal data we use subcontractors and conclude contracts with these contract data processors in accordance with the requirements of Art. 28 GDPR.
The subcontractors which is used to host the website is
T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH - BU Application Management & Cloud Services (P.O. Box 10 02 24, 01072 Dresden, Germany)
Adacor Hosting GmbH, Emmastraße 70a, 45130 Essen, Germany
7. Protection of personal data
We take technical and organisational measures in accordance with the requirements of Art. 32 GDPR to protect the user's personal data. All of our employees who are involved in the processing of personal data are under obligation to maintain data secrecy. The user’s personal data will be encrypted by HTTPS when it is transmitted to the website.
8 Legal basis
The legal basis for the collection and processing of data is provided by Art. 6 Para. 1 Letters a) b) and f), 7 GDPR.
9. Rights of data subjects
The user and other data subjects may demand from us the following rights in respect of their personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to correction
- Right to deletion
- Right to limit the processing
- Right to object to the processing
- Right to data portability
You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority – set out in item 11 – if you believe that we have violated your data protection rights or have not sufficiently implemented your data subject rights
10. Service provider, Responsible body and Contact
The service provider and responsible body in accordance with Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is:
Eckes-Granini Group GmbH
All requests for information, corrections and deletions, objections or revocations of consent, the assertion of the right to limit the processing or the right to data portability, as well as comments or questions by the user relating to data protection are to be sent to this address.
No data protection officer has been appointed, as data is not processed to an extent that would require the appointment of a data protection officer pursuant to Art 37 GDPR. However, you can also direct your inquiries to our data protection contact address: email@example.com
11. Data protection supervisory authority and right to complain
The data protection supervisory authority responsible for Eckes-Granini corporate group on the basis of the so-called one-stop shop principle, to which a complaint about a violation of data protection law can be submitted, is:
Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz
Hintere Bleiche 34
12. Updating of this Data Privacy Statement
From time to time the content of this Data Privacy Statement will need to be updated. We therefore reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. We will send the amended version of the Data Privacy Statement to registered users by E-mail before it enters into force and publish it in the same place as this Data Privacy Statement.